Carnë Draug | 26 Mar 04:48 2013
Picon

Re: organizing a gene family in memory

On 25 March 2013 12:54, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
> IIRC part of the intent of the cluster modules (Bio::Cluster) was to cover some of this, for instance:
>
> https://metacpan.org/module/Bio::Cluster::FamilyI

This module mentions Bio::Cluster::Family but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

> My feeling is they were trying to be too inclusive (I think some dbSNP functionality was included here as
well, which IMHO may be a bad fit).  Anyway, these haven't changed for many years; you're welcome to take a
look at them and see if they fit your needs.

I think I was overcomplicating, this class might do what I want
thought in a different way. My idea of a family of genes doesn't
really match it, but I should be able to work with it by mixing it
with Set::Object.

Thank you,
Carnë

Gmane