From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: organizing a gene family in memory
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 26th March 2013 03:48:49 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On 25 March 2013 12:54, Fields, Christopher J
wrote:
> IIRC part of the intent of the cluster modules (Bio::Cluster) was to
cover some of this, for instance:

> https://metacpan.org/module/Bio::Cluster::FamilyI

This module mentions Bio::Cluster::Family but I can't seem to find it
anywhere.

> My feeling is they were trying to be too inclusive (I think some dbSNP
functionality was included here as well, which IMHO may be a bad fit).
Anyway, these haven't changed for many years; you're welcome to take a look
at them and see if they fit your needs.

I think I was overcomplicating, this class might do what I want
thought in a different way. My idea of a family of genes doesn't
really match it, but I should be able to work with it by mixing it
with Set::Object.

Thank you,
Carnë

CD: 12ms