Peter Cock | 26 Mar 19:10 2013

Re: Wiki details

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Brian Osborne <briano <at>> wrote:
> All,
> I'm looking at various module pages in the Wiki and it seems that all
> links are broken. For example, the "<biblio>" parser tag does not work,
> parser functions like #setvar aren't working and because of this the link to
> CPAN is broken, and so on. I'm guessing that some upgrade did not restore
> custom code or install extensions used in the earlier version, and
> Special:Version confirms this, this code is not installed.
> If someone would like to contact me privately and give me credentials I
> can take a look at the MediaWiki directory, see if I can fix this.
> Brian O.

Hi Brian,

I was aware of issues with the  "<biblio>" plugin, but not all of this.
Most likely this is from the server move at the end of 2012,

Assuming someone senior from BioPerl (or Chris Dag?) will vouch
for you, we'd ask you to join the root-l mailing list where OBF server
admin stuff happens. We'll need a preferred username (e.g. briano
or bosborne) and your SSH public key (the new server does not
accept simple username/password logins).

(With his OBF hat on)