From: Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Wiki details
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 26th March 2013 18:10:10 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Brian Osborne  wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm looking at various module pages in the Wiki and it seems that all
> links are broken. For example, the "" parser tag does not work,
> parser functions like #setvar aren't working and because of this the link
> CPAN is broken, and so on. I'm guessing that some upgrade did not restore
> custom code or install extensions used in the earlier version, and
> Special:Version confirms this, this code is not installed.
>
> If someone would like to contact me privately and give me credentials I
> can take a look at the MediaWiki directory, see if I can fix this.
>
> Brian O.

Hi Brian,

I was aware of issues with the  "" plugin, but not all of this.
Most likely this is from the server move at the end of 2012,
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2012/11/server-transition-to-aws/

Assuming someone senior from BioPerl (or Chris Dag?) will vouch
for you, we'd ask you to join the root-l mailing list where OBF server
admin stuff happens. We'll need a preferred username (e.g. briano
or bosborne) and your SSH public key (the new server does not
accept simple username/password logins).

Regards,

Peter
(With his OBF hat on)

CD: 3ms