Carnë Draug | 28 Mar 17:23 2013
Picon

Re: organizing a gene family in memory

On 25 March 2013 12:54, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
> IIRC part of the intent of the cluster modules (Bio::Cluster) was to cover some of this, for instance:
>
> https://metacpan.org/module/Bio::Cluster::FamilyI
>
> My feeling is they were trying to be too inclusive (I think some dbSNP functionality was included here as
well, which IMHO may be a bad fit).  Anyway, these haven't changed for many years; you're welcome to take a
look at them and see if they fit your needs.

I'm looking at these now and thinking of making the split from live
into a separate distribution now. But I'm unsure about two of the
files

Bio/ClusterIO/dbsnp.pm
Bio/Cluster/SequenceFamily.pm

Would you agree that these would fit better into a Bio-Variations and
Bio-Seq distribution?

Carnë

Gmane