From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: organizing a gene family in memory
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Thursday 28th March 2013 16:23:18 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On 25 March 2013 12:54, Fields, Christopher J
wrote:
> IIRC part of the intent of the cluster modules (Bio::Cluster) was to
cover some of this, for instance:

> https://metacpan.org/module/Bio::Cluster::FamilyI
>
> My feeling is they were trying to be too inclusive (I think some dbSNP
functionality was included here as well, which IMHO may be a bad fit).
Anyway, these haven't changed for many years; you're welcome to take a look
at them and see if they fit your needs.

I'm looking at these now and thinking of making the split from live
into a separate distribution now. But I'm unsure about two of the
files

Bio/ClusterIO/dbsnp.pm
Bio/Cluster/SequenceFamily.pm

Would you agree that these would fit better into a Bio-Variations and
Bio-Seq distribution?

Carnë

CD: 2ms