Hilmar Lapp | 30 Mar 18:24 2013
Picon

Re: Google Summer of Code - BioPerl proposals

Hi Carnë,

Not sure I've missed a response to this. If indeed there hasn't been one, let me just chime in
non-authoritatively that in principle there's nothing wrong with picking up past pieces. I would argue
you'd have to make a convincing argument as to why and how you'd surmount the hurdles that brought the
previous project to a premature end (or why it ran out of time and you won't), and as to how it's desirability
has not diminished since then even though nobody else picked it up.

If you want to apply as a student, you don't strictly have to put it up on the wiki, but it'd be prudent to
discuss your ideas on this list prior to submission. Presumably you were planning that anyway, though.

-hilmar

Sent with a tap.