From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code - BioPerl proposals
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Monday 1st April 2013 00:34:16 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I agree.  Another approach might be to cleave off a section that you could
mould into your own; this could be done for bioperl-run, bioperl-live, etc.

chris

On Mar 30, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Hilmar Lapp  wrote:

> Hi Carnë,
>
> Not sure I've missed a response to this. If indeed there hasn't been one,
let me just chime in non-authoritatively that in principle there's nothing
wrong with picking up past pieces. I would argue you'd have to make a
convincing argument as to why and how you'd surmount the hurdles that
brought the previous project to a premature end (or why it ran out of time
and you won't), and as to how it's desirability has not diminished since
then even though nobody else picked it up.

> If you want to apply as a student, you don't strictly have to put it up
on the wiki, but it'd be prudent to discuss your ideas on this list prior
to submission. Presumably you were planning that anyway, though.

wrote:
>>> Just a heads-up, if there are any students interested in the Google
Summer of