Fields, Christopher J | 1 Apr 23:45 2013

Re: Google Summer of Code - BioPerl proposals

On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:49 AM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp <at> drycafe.net> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
>
>> a case would have to be made as to why the initial run at it wasn't completed, or why it would work better this
time.  We're not suggesting that this can't be done, but the above point would have to be answered.

> Perhaps just to clarify a bit, as an applying student the readers you'd have in mind for making the case to
aren't the senior BioPerl developers or potential mentors (who'd know much of your argument already),
but rather those from other OBF projects who will take part in prioritizing applications across the OBF
board, but won't know much about the specific BioPerl situation.

> 	-hilmar

Yep, exactly.

-c

Gmane