From: Smithies, Russell <Russell.Smithies <at> agresearch.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Taxa Id from blast report
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Thursday 18th April 2013 19:52:39 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I agree they have finally listened and added features requested by users
but I've been suggesting they have a compressed output format available
from eutils or genbank for years but have made no headway ;- (
What's so hard about gzip'ping the output? I'm sure it would go a long way
toward solving all the problems we get with truncated replies from
queries!!

--Russell