From: Warren Gallin <wgallin <at> ualberta.ca>
Subject: New RefSeq WP_XXX series Sequences
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 7th June 2013 18:57:39 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi all.

	NCBI has started a new class of protein entries in the bacterial and
archaeal organisms.  These protein records have no direct reference to the
underlying nucleotide sequence in the GenPept record, and when I ran some
tblastn runs some of them do not even yield a hit to a 100% identical
sequence.  I just ran an update script that I use for populating a database
of voltage-gated potassium channels, and of the >1400 protein records that
I retrieved as GenPept format records, 3338 had a link to a nucleotide
sequence record.

	Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so have you found a way of
finding the nucleotide sequences corresponding to this class of protein
records?

Thanks,

Warren Gallin

CD: 3ms