From: Brian Osborne <bosborne11 <at> verizon.net>
Subject: Re: HMMER 3 update
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 16th July 2013 15:18:41 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Jason,

Done, and I added a strand() method to Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP.
There's a lot of inheritance in these "HSP" modules but it looks like this
is the right place, as judged by the other methods in the module.

Double-checked all the _other_ SearchIO tests, they're all passing.

BIO

On Jul 15, 2013, at 12:30 AM, Jason Stajich <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Brian -
>
> I think a branch is good idea, probably just from master as I presume
this code will be too new to weave into the v1 branch.

> However, I'm still not clear on how the new packaging is going to go -
but I presume there will be a SearchIO package that we'd update and release
when needed? Is there any move to split that off - I know we had settled on
the idea that the essential bits of a core would be at least some sequence
and blast/homology search parsers.

> But would more 'exotic' parsers live in their own package or all things
SearchIO would go together?

> Glad to see this being work on Brian -- will also have to make sure to
capture strand info which we didn't have to deal with for protein queries.

wrote:

>> bioperl,
>>
>> HMMER 3.1 contains a new program called nhmmer, its output is a bit
different from the existing so I need to edit SearchIO::hmmer3.