From: Chris Mungall <cjmungall <at> lbl.gov>
Subject: Bio::FeatureIO::faldo
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Thursday 11th July 2013 21:27:15 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi all,

I wrote a bioperl module for generating RDF/turtle for features using the
FALDO model [1]

I think this is the first time I've contributed code to bioperl since the
brave new world of github - I suppose as I am a developer I could have
added it straight in but I forked and made a pull request

	https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-FeatureIO/pull/2

Is this the correct protocol?

There's a bit more work to do - mapping all the various GFF attributes to
the desired properties is something that requires broader discussion in the
GFF3/FALDO communities.

The sensible thing to do would be to compare the output with Rob
Hoehndorf's Groovy GFF3 to FALDO converter - I confess I haven't done this
yet.

For the FALDO folks, this allows a wider range of formats to be converted
to FALDO, and makes it easier to use FALDO from within existing bioperl
based architectures.

Cheers
Chris

[1] https://github.com/JervenBolleman/FALDO