From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: HMMER 3 update
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 16th July 2013 16:30:20 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Works for me as well.  Brian, go ahead and merge into master; I can merge
into v1_cherry (which will eventually make it's way into v1 and a new
release, still working through a few bugs).

chris

On Jul 16, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Brian Osborne  wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Done, and I added a strand() method to Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP.
There's a lot of inheritance in these "HSP" modules but it looks like this
is the right place, as judged by the other methods in the module.

> Double-checked all the _other_ SearchIO tests, they're all passing.
>
> BIO
>

> On Jul 15, 2013, at 12:30 AM, Jason Stajich <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Brian -
>>
>> I think a branch is good idea, probably just from master as I presume
this code will be too new to weave into the v1 branch.

>> However, I'm still not clear on how the new packaging is going to go -
but I presume there will be a SearchIO package that we'd update and release
when needed? Is there any move to split that off - I know we had settled on
the idea that the essential bits of a core would be at least some sequence
and blast/homology search parsers.

>> But would more 'exotic' parsers live in their own package or all things
SearchIO would go together?

>> Glad to see this being work on Brian -- will also have to make sure to
capture strand info which we didn't have to deal with for protein queries.

wrote:

>>> bioperl,
>>>
>>> HMMER 3.1 contains a new program called nhmmer, its output is a bit
different from the existing so I need to edit SearchIO::hmmer3.