From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Bio::FeatureIO::faldo
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 16th July 2013 18:05:28 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Chris (m),

It's merged in; you can technically make commits directly or to a branch as
you are in the list of developers, so no forking is necessary.

Re: FeatureIO, it will be a separate release series from bioperl core (it's
not on CPAN on it's own as of yet, though it likely will be in the next
month or two).

chris (f)

On Jul 11, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Chris Mungall  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a bioperl module for generating RDF/turtle for features using the
FALDO model [1]

> I think this is the first time I've contributed code to bioperl since the
brave new world of github - I suppose as I am a developer I could have
added it straight in but I forked and made a pull request

> 	https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-FeatureIO/pull/2
>
> Is this the correct protocol?
>
> There's a bit more work to do - mapping all the various GFF attributes to
the desired properties is something that requires broader discussion in the
GFF3/FALDO communities.

> The sensible thing to do would be to compare the output with Rob
Hoehndorf's Groovy GFF3 to FALDO converter - I confess I haven't done this
yet.

> For the FALDO folks, this allows a wider range of formats to be converted
to FALDO, and makes it easier to use FALDO from within existing bioperl
based architectures.