Jason Stajich | 17 Jul 22:13 2013
Picon

Re: Checking a tree input

It depends on what format the bootstraps are stored in - are they as internal node labels or encoded in the ID
string or encoded in the length of the branches?

Because there isn't an explicit format - there are variants of it for newick -  you can move them
automatically passing in '-bootstrap_style' => 'traditional')  when initializating the parser.
or you can move them explicitly

copy them from ID to boostrap slot in the objects after you have created it.
for my $node ( grep { ! $_->is_Leaf } $tree->get_nodes ) {
 $node->bootstrap($node->id);
}

Or you can use the connivence function which does the same thing.
$tree->move_id_to_bootstrap

Presumably these internal node IDs will be empty when there is no bootstrap so you can check them after the
fact for your other use case when there are no boostraps.