From: Florent Angly <florent.angly <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: HMMER 3 update
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 19th July 2013 03:26:28 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Okidoki. Well done and thank you,
Florent

On 18/07/13 23:10, Brian Osborne wrote:
> Florent,
>
> Yes, I see it. This block of code is described as "not currently fully
implemented", I think it was always giving this warning. Fixed now.

> This parser is getting a bit disorganized as new apps get added, maybe
I'll reorganize it at some point, but not now.

wrote:

>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> One line of the hmmer3 module gives me a warning:
>>> $ perl -w -I lib ./t/SearchIO/hmmer.t
>>> [...]
>>> ok 117 - Check if correct searchio object is returned
>>> Use of uninitialized value $hitid in hash element at
Bio/SearchIO/hmmer3.pm line 416,  line 16.

 wrote:

> [...]
merge into v1_cherry (which will eventually make it's way into v1 and a new
release, still working through a few bugs).

wrote:

> [...]
There's a lot of inheritance in these "HSP" modules but it looks like this
is the right place, as judged by the other methods in the module.

presume this code will be too new to weave into the v1 branch.

- but I presume there will be a SearchIO package that we'd update and
release when needed? Is there any move to split that off - I know we had
settled on the idea that the essential bits of a core would be at least
some sequence and blast/homology search parsers.

things SearchIO would go together?

to capture strand info which we didn't have to deal with for protein
queries.

wrote:

> [...]
different from the existing so I need to edit SearchIO::hmmer3.