From: Jason Stajich <jason.stajich <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fetching particular tags of genbank/genpept features via eutils
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 25th September 2013 20:15:55 UTC (over 3 years ago)
More likely you want another place to ask the question - biostars perhaps -
http://www.biostars.org/

if you were only searching genomes you could perhaps grab the ptt files
from the FTP site - though you would need to lookup GI ids to get the ACC
number for the NP_XX which is a bit convoluded and I'm not sure you can
round trip.

But the produce descriptions for the genomes like in bacteria are in these
.ptt files.
ftp.ncbi.nih.gov:/genomes/Bacteria/Yersinia_pestis_A1122_uid158119/NC_017169.ptt

Jason

On Sep 24, 2013, at 11:00 PM, Alexey Morozov
wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
> I'm not sure if this list is the right place to ask, but I have a
question
> regarding NCBI eutils. Say, I have lots of CDS's IDs like NP_769305.1 or
> YP_001638012.1. "Lots" as in "Millions of them" (a metagenomic project).
Of