Jason Stajich | 25 Sep 22:15 2013

Re: Fetching particular tags of genbank/genpept features via eutils

More likely you want another place to ask the question - biostars perhaps - http://www.biostars.org/

if you were only searching genomes you could perhaps grab the ptt files from the FTP site - though you would
need to lookup GI ids to get the ACC number for the NP_XX which is a bit convoluded and I'm not sure you can
round trip.

But the produce descriptions for the genomes like in bacteria are in these .ptt files.