From: Florent Angly <florent.angly <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: query regarding bioperl installation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 20th December 2013 09:26:09 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Dear Sohail,

You are installing an older version of BioPerl. Why not try to
installthe latest one?

   $ sudo cpan
   cpan> install BioPerl

If a few inconsequential tests fail and you still want to proceed with
the installation:

   cpan> force install BioPerl

Best,

Florent

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Muhammad Sohail Raza
 wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install bioperl on my system through CPAN. (Before that i
have upgrade the CPAN through install Bundle::CPAN)

> i run following commands
> cpan>install C/CJ/CJFIELDS/Bioperl-1.6.1.tar.gz
>
> it propmts an error i.e. "cannot fetch
author/id/C/CJ/CJFIELDS/Bioperl-1.6.1.tar.gz" i checked my URL list also in
the "conf.pm" and tried