From: Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p <at> rjbs.manxome.org>
Subject: ...and slide on the ice
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.perl5.porters
Date: Thursday 14th April 2016 13:24:23 UTC (about 1 year ago)
Yesterday I released perl v5.24.0-RC1.  In around a month, we'll have
v5.24.0
released.  More or less immediately after that, I will release v5.25.0,
kicking
off the development branch for the 2017 release of Perl 5.

That will be my last release in my four and a half year tenure as pumpking.
There are many other things I've been hoping to work on, and I am going to
begin focusing more of my time on those, although I will still be active in
the
Perl community.

My first major release of perl was v5.16.0, and I am very pleased with the
changes that we have seen since then.  When I write Perl 5 code today, I
benefit from many of the changes made, and I am sure that we have a better
perl
today than we did five years ago.  I also believe that perl can continue to
improve, and I look forward to seeing it happen from the comfort of the
passenger's seat.

Thanks, everyone, for your time, effort, and support during my time in this
role.

--
rjbs 🎃

CD: 3ms