From: nico <at> enigmail.net <nico <at> enigmail.net>
Subject: [Enigmail] How and where to donate (was: Thank you)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.mozilla.enigmail.general
Date: Thursday 1st January 2015 23:43:57 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Guys,
thanks a lot for your nice words and support.

Note that there is something even more important than Enigmail: GnuPG.
And the situation there is a lot worse, because unlike for GnuPG
we at enigmail all have good jobs and do no full-time work for enigmail.

But Werner Koch, the full-time maintainer of GnuPG,
which is the base of almost everything,
is alone and really needs more money to be able to live
and ideally even hiring a second developer.
So please donate him.

Here are the links:
 https://fsfe.org/news/2014/news-20141217-01.html
 https://www.gnupg.org/donate/

Note that enigmail is also listed in those donation calls.
We work closely together and if there is money left and
we have a special need with enigmail,
enigmail might also benefit from that.

And if you have time but don't know what to do there is one important
thing everybody of you can do:
Try and check our nightly builds
(in non-critical situations, of course, only).
The worst things we can have in this kind of software is a lack
of quality, which always also can be a lack of privacy.
Thus, the sooner we know about bugs and problems, the better.

So, again and again, try out the nightly builds, available at
 https://www.enigmail.net/download/nightly.php
and send bug reports if you find something at
 https://www.enigmail.net/support/bugs.php

Thanks a lot and happy new year
 Nico

--