From: Mozilla List Admin <list-admin <at> mozilla.org>
Subject: [ADMIN] mozilla-newsclips is closing
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.mozilla.newsclips
Date: Saturday 22nd April 2006 04:21:29 UTC (over 10 years ago)
It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its
related projects are no longer a pet project of Netscape, yet until
recently, the newsgroups we've been using for public discussions still bore
the Netscape name, and our primary news server still lived on AOL (formerly
Netscape) hardware.  We've been planning for years to move from
netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and this last January, the
time finally came!

In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide
NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain.  It took a few months of
planning to make it happen, but in January, we moved all of the gateway
mailing lists and discussions that we still felt were needed over to their
new counterparts in the mozilla.* hierarchy.

As part of the move, we also moved our mail-to-news gateway over to a new
list server, now living at https://lists.mozilla.org/ .  It has
now come time to shut down the old list server in preparation for
decomissioning that machine (one step of many that will probably take a few
months yet, but that's a story for elsewhere).

If you're reading this message, the newsgroup you're reading it on wasn't
one that we wound up moving, and is now being abandoned by Mozilla.  We
encourage you to check out the list of new newsgroups/mailing lists at http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
.  If you've still got Mozilla-related issues to discuss, there's probably
an appropriate place to discuss them listed there.  If there's not, feel
free to suggest that we create one by posting on the
mozilla.dev.mozilla-org newsgroup or [email protected]
mailing list.

On Sunday, April 23rd, we'll be shutting down the mail-to-news gateway for
this newsgroup at mozilla-newsclips .

For general information and frequently asked questions about the move to
the new news and list servers, see http://www.mozilla.org/community/giganews-migration.html

If you have any questions that aren't answered here, and aren't answered in
the above FAQ or on the community developer forums page, please ask in the
mozilla.dev.mozilla-org newsgroup or on the
[email protected] mailing list (https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-mozilla-org)

--
Dave Miller
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation

CD: 24ms