Mozilla List Admin | 22 Apr 06:21 2006
Picon

[ADMIN] mozilla-newsclips is closing

It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its related projects are no longer a pet
project of Netscape, yet until recently, the newsgroups we've been using for public discussions still
bore the Netscape name, and our primary news server still lived on AOL (formerly Netscape) hardware.
We've been planning for years to move from netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and this last
January, the time finally came!

In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide
NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain.  It took a few months of planning to make it happen, but in
January, we moved all of the gateway mailing lists and discussions that we still felt were needed over to
their new counterparts in the mozilla.* hierarchy.

As part of the move, we also moved our mail-to-news gateway over to a new list server, now living at
https://lists.mozilla.org/ .  It has now come time to shut down the old list server in preparation for
decomissioning that machine (one step of many that will probably take a few months yet, but that's a story
for elsewhere).

If you're reading this message, the newsgroup you're reading it on wasn't one that we wound up moving, and is
now being abandoned by Mozilla.  We encourage you to check out the list of new newsgroups/mailing lists at
http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html .  If you've still got Mozilla-related
issues to discuss, there's probably an appropriate place to discuss them listed there.  If there's not,
feel free to suggest that we create one by posting on the mozilla.dev.mozilla-org newsgroup or
dev-mozilla-org <at> lists.mozilla.org mailing list.

On Sunday, April 23rd, we'll be shutting down the mail-to-news gateway for this newsgroup at
mozilla-newsclips .

For general information and frequently asked questions about the move to the new news and list servers, see http://www.mozilla.org/community/giganews-migration.html

If you have any questions that aren't answered here, and aren't answered in the above FAQ or on the community
developer forums page, please ask in the mozilla.dev.mozilla-org newsgroup or on the
dev-mozilla-org <at> lists.mozilla.org mailing list (https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-mozilla-org)

Dave Miller
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation
http://www.mozilla.com/

Gmane