From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo-kC51rjc0cqs1dNLGKZg6taU/zSkkHjvu <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Dvdunauthor not producing any output
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.multimedia.dvdauthor.user
Date: Friday 9th December 2011 02:23:24 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 23:20:10 +0000 (UTC), Russ Dill wrote:

> For me, I tracked it down to VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB not existing on
> the DVD. In DVDOpenVOBUDF I hacked in the failed UDFFindFile case.
> Instead of 'return NULL;' when start == 0, I changed it to 'len = 0;'

Who is the upstream for libdvdread? Seems like it’s overdue for some
serious TLC.

> With that change, dvdunauthor works on my dvd. However, all I really
> want in the dvdauthor.xml. Is there any way to skip all the reading
> of vobs?

All that information about the VOBs needs to be in the XML file,
because remember the XML file needs to have the necessary information
to recreate the complete DVD-Video structure.

I could add a patch so if DVDOpenFile returns NULL, then instead of
aborting the whole run, I simply return immediately from that call to
getVobs. But I’m not sure how I’d test it...

Are you able to build DVDAuthor from the source here
<https://github.com/ldo/dvdauthor>?

This white paper is intended to serve as a reference, checklist and point
of
discussion for anyone considering optimizing the pricing and packaging
model
of a cloud services business. Read Now!
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51491232/