From: Massimo Paladin <Massimo.Paladin-vJEk5272eHo <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: RabbitMQ and Stomp topic behavior
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.networking.rabbitmq.general
Date: Sunday 7th August 2011 19:52:04 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Some details.

I am using rabbitmq 2.5.1 on a rhel based os with erlang R14B-02.

For stomp-benchmark details look at:
https://github.com/chirino/stomp-benchmark

The scenario provided makes memory increasing and if you let it run for
some
time at some point rabbitmq crashes because it can not allocate memory.
If you are interested I kept the crash dumps.

Regards,
---
Massimo Paladin

email: [email protected]
website: http://www.mpaladin.com
flickr's page: http://flickr.com/photos/massimop

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Massimo Paladin
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing some testing with RabbitMQ and Stomp.
> I am using stomp-benchmark to run the scenario attached to this email.
>
> It is producing small messages at highest rate possible on a topic on a
> RabbitMQ server, the topic does not have any consumer attached.
> I can be run with such a command:
> sbt run --host host --login guest --passcode guest --port 61613
>  --scenario-file custom.xml /tmp/rabbitmq_topic
>
> I am running rabbitmq-server on a 16GB memory machine and 8GB swap with
> watermark level of 0.5 (7.8GB watermark)
> Memory level output from the web interface reach values > 20GB.
> Why does the memory goes up if there are no consumers attached to the
> topic?
> Messages are supposed to be discarded straight away.
>
> Regards,
> ---
> Massimo Paladin
>
> email: [email protected]