Features Download
From: Clint M Priest <cpriest <at> zerocue.com>
Subject: RE: [PHP-DEV] [Draft RFC] Object Casting and Assignment Handlers
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.devel
Date: Thursday 1st March 2012 00:45:19 UTC (over 4 years ago)
As much as I would love to have __castTo() and __assign() I have to agree
with Stas here that it fundamentally changes the mechanics of if($object)
and unfortunately turns that simple if statement into a possible hour long
hunt to find the code that is doing the damage, if it is even considered a
possibility by someone reading the code.

For the record, I really have only ever needed something like __toArray()
so that objects implementing ArrayAccess could be passed to array internal

I am interested in object natives though, which this is leading in the
direction of.