From: Sara Golemon <pollita <at> php.net>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Generics proposal
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.devel
Date: Tuesday 6th November 2012 03:14:26 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Sorry to be late to the conversation, but fwiw, HipHop is adding
Generics (and some other cool things) to our PHP implementation.  We
plan to provide a PHP equivalent implementation in the form of a
pre-processor extension which can live in PECL.  The implementation
would of course be cleaner if done directly in the engine, but with
APC the performance hit of doing an extra transformation pass should
disappear. Hopefully this satisfies both the want for Java/C++-like
syntax without "polluting" the language.

-Sara