Jesus M. Castagnetto | 10 Jan 00:35 2012

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Yep I saw them. Will give them a look, and send you pull requests as
needed. This week I will be busy with some classes I need to give, so I
will start doing some diffs, etc.

You are right, as many were not officially "stable" (tho' in practice all
have not had bugs, except for PHP5 compatibilities, for years), then it
should not be a problem to start preparing them for PHP 5 and forward
compatibility, without needing to do a XYZ2 version.

Cheers.

--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 22:50, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:

> Added your account.
>

> So - I've probably stuffed up a bit here - a lot of the packages you've
> migrated... got migrated as they were unmaintained. On top of that, where
> they were not yet stable, I've done a bit of work on shifting to PHP5.
>
> IE:
> https://github.com/pear/Math_Complex/commits/master
> https://github.com/pear/Math_Integer
> and a few others.
>
> Do you want to take a look, and if there's stuff that should be in there
> from yours, flick me a comment or pull request?
>

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Jesus M. Castagnetto <
> jesus <at> castagnetto.com> wrote:
>
>> Got a github account (jmcastagnetto), moved most all my packages and more
>> to github several months ago (including history, etc.).
>>
>> Not part of the PEAR org in github still.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
>> Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:24, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> We've got
>>> 116 packages with passing tests.
>>> 135 with assorted failures.
>>>
>>> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have
>>> github
>>> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
>>> trigger builds, etc.
>>>
>>> There are a few broad categories of problems & fixes:
>>>
>>>   1. A stable, PHP4 package has E_STRICT or similar failures. The most
>>>
>>>   common fix is to specify `-d error_reporting=30719` for the phpunit
>>>   command, if removing such behaviour would be a BC break
>>>   2. An unstable PHP4 package has E_STRICT/similar failures. Upgrade to
>>>   PHP 5.0.0+.
>>>   3. assertType or tests not named in a way PHPUnit 3.6 understands -
>>>
>>>   s/assertType/assertInternalType/ and rename affected tests.
>>>

>>> There's more actual legitimate failures; but if you wanted to help the QA
>>> team stabilise PEAR, here's where to start.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Daniel C. we're 50% of the way there.

Gmane