From: Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
Subject: Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.devel
Date: Monday 9th January 2012 23:35:58 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Yep I saw them. Will give them a look, and send you pull requests as
needed. This week I will be busy with some classes I need to give, so I
will start doing some diffs, etc.

You are right, as many were not officially "stable" (tho' in practice all
have not had bugs, except for PHP5 compatibilities, for years), then it
should not be a problem to start preparing them for PHP 5 and forward
compatibility, without needing to do a XYZ2 version.

Cheers.

--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <[email protected]>
Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/

wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>> We've got
>>> 116 packages with passing tests.
>>> 135 with assorted failures.
>>>
>>> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/
shows the current status. If you have
>>> github
>>> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update
config,
>>> trigger builds, etc.
>>>
>>> There are a few broad categories of problems & fixes:
>>>
>>>   1. A stable, PHP4 package has E_STRICT or similar failures. The most
>>>
>>>   common fix is to specify `-d error_reporting=30719` for the phpunit
>>>   command, if removing such behaviour would be a BC break
>>>   2. An unstable PHP4 package has E_STRICT/similar failures. Upgrade to
>>>   PHP 5.0.0+.
>>>   3. assertType or tests not named in a way PHPUnit 3.6 understands -
>>>
>>>   s/assertType/assertInternalType/ and rename affected tests.
>>>

>>> There's more actual legitimate failures; but if you wanted to help the
QA
>>> team stabilise PEAR, here's where to start.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Daniel C. we're 50% of the way there.

CD: 3ms