From: Chris Dagdigian <dag <at> sonsorol.org>
Subject: Re: [Open-bio-l] Problem with biopython.org domain
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.bio.announce
Date: Thursday 26th August 2010 11:26:57 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I manage or am the admin/technical/billing account holder for 24
domains, among them most of the open-bio.org ones.

Biopython.org is one that I do not own. Actually since NetSol is
offering to let me change DNS maybe I'm the technical contact - have to
wait and see on this. Normally for domains I control netsol starts email
nagging me constantly - never got emails about this one.

However, Networksolutions allows *anyone* with a payment method to renew
any domain for any reason.

I've renewed biopython.org for a 2-year term, paying out of pocket like
I do for all OBF domains so our $$ stays in our bank account.

> Order Confirmation
>
> Order Number: 375229424
> Today's Charges: $65.98
> Future Charges: $0.00
> Credit Card: xxxxxxxxxxx1002

The site should be back up soonish. I can't change the DNS entry that
points the website to the expired splash page until netsol processes the
renewal.

Upcoming domain expiration dates:

biomoby.org will expire Oct 1
bior.org will expire Nov 5
biosoap.org will expire Oct 9

-Chris

Peter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We appear to have a temporary problem with our biopython.org domain,
> which I trust the OBF admin team will address shortly.
>
> As a fallback you can use http://biopython.open-bio.org/wiki/Main_Page
> and http://biopython.open-bio.org/DIST/
for the downloads.