Sébastien Sablé Sablé | 27 Feb 10:29 2012

Re: [Cython] 0.16 release

Great, thanks!

2012/2/25 mark florisson <markflorisson88-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
2012/2/24 Sébastien Sablé Sablé <sable-Rn4VEauK+AKRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org>:
> Hi,
>
> could you please also look at incorporating the following patch before
> releasing 0.16? (if it has not already been merged)
>
> https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/67
>
> It has been more or less validated, but a test case is needed.
>
> This patch makes using C++ templates much more convenient with Cython.
>
> Currently I have to use hacks like the following which looks ugly and make
> the code less readable:
> ctypedef TCacheVarData[float] TCacheVarData_float "TCacheVarData<float>"
>
> Also thank you for all the work done on Cython, I have been using it (and
> Pyrex before) intensively  for more than 6 years now, and it makes
> integrating Python and C/C++ really convenient.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sébastien

Ok I merged it and added a test. I also fixed a lot of tests to run
under MSVC on windows. I'm thinking to merge
https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/77, see if everything still
passes on Jenkins, and then pushing out a beta release for 0.16. I
created some release notes, please feel free to add to the page
(especially to the feature and improvements lists), they might be
incomplete: http://wiki.cython.org/ReleaseNotes-0.16

Are there any other last-minute bug fixes pending?

&gt;<br>
&gt; could you please also look at incorporating the following patch before<br>
&gt; releasing 0.16? (if it has not already been merged)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/67" target="_blank">https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/67</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It has been more or less validated, but a test case is needed.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; This patch makes using C++ templates much more convenient with Cython.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Currently I have to use hacks like the following which looks ugly and make<br>
&gt; the code less readable:<br>
&gt; ctypedef TCacheVarData[float] TCacheVarData_float "TCacheVarData&lt;float&gt;"<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Also thank you for all the work done on Cython, I have been using it (and<br>
&gt; Pyrex before) intensively&nbsp; for more than 6 years now, and it makes<br>
&gt; integrating Python and C/C++ really convenient.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks in advance<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; S&eacute;bastien<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; cython-devel mailing list<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:cython-devel@...">cython-devel@...</a><br>
&gt;<br><br>
under MSVC on windows. I'm thinking to merge<br><a href="https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/77" target="_blank">https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/77</a>, see if everything still<br>
passes on Jenkins, and then pushing out a beta release for 0.16. I<br>
created some release notes, please feel free to add to the page<br>
(especially to the feature and improvements lists), they might be<br>