Dima Pasechnik | 18 Mar 15:13 2012
Picon

Re: Cython for Google's Native Client?

That link from 2009 suggests to ask on native-client-discuss, and someone did few days ago:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/native-client-discuss/ioY2jmw_OUQ/discussion

So this looks like being quite doable - after all, Python is a C program, which can be compiled on the NC.

On Sunday, 18 March 2012 21:44:16 UTC+8, William Stein wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Dima Pasechnik <> wrote:
> I wonder if there is any effort ongoing to make Cython target Google's
> Native Client?
> https://developers.google.com/native-client/
> As it supports C/C++, this should technically be doable.

It seems like porting Python to Native Client would be a prerequisite.
 This blog post suggests that somebody actually did this in 2009:

   http://lackingrhoticity.blogspot.com/2009/06/python-standard-library-in-native.html

 -- william

--
William Stein