Vitja Makarov | 9 Apr 10:25 2012
Picon

Re: Cython 0.16 Release Candidate

2012/4/1 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov <at> gmail.com>:
> 2012/4/1 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov <at> gmail.com>:

>>> Here is a pitchfork:
>>>
>>>  https://gist.github.com/2268824
>>>
>>> This is a crash report when trying to cython-ify scikit-learn master
>>> with both master and the 0.16rc0 tag of the cython repo.
>>>

>> This may be related to this issue:
>>
>> https://github.com/cython/cython/commit/3dc1d68b6ccf437df0bce0bd18bf1862ff49a440
>>
>> It's better to cherry-pick this commit.
>>

> I'm wrong. Mark already fixed this: 1eabb1c63c72ce6b4b0abc6082468b9c1ab37c41

Here is small example to trigger the issue:

cimport numpy as np

cdef np.ndarray[np.uint32_t, ndim=1] bar():
    pass

def foo(shape):
    return bar().size

This bug was introduced by 95b6e693327650607c6f5b1fffc5c9867dce0645,
"Stopgap support for numpy 1.7"

I'm sure we must fix it before the release.

vitja.

Gmane