From: Ian Bell <ian.h.bell <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building distutils setup.py to find PXD files for Pure Python file
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.cython.user
Date: Friday 27th April 2012 13:03:21 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Stefan,

> In any case, the new and preferred way is described here:
>
> http://wiki.cython.org/enhancements/distutils_preprocessing
>
> And, yes, it would be good to visibly present this in the documentation.
> The build documentation is mostly ok but lacks this feature:
>
> http://docs.cython.org/src/userguide/source_files_and_compilation.html
>
> The build docs are in good shape - lots of useful information, but from
browsing the mailing lists, seems like quite a few people are having varied
issues with PXD files and distutils.   Would be great to have a (nominally)
working example in the documentation online and/or a downloadable version.
Also, an example of getting Cython distutils parameters would be great.

Just for fun, tried a new setup.py file, like the link you recommended
using cythonize. Works a charm.  Weird.  I think I am in business for now.
Thanks for your help and patience.

So it seems that cythonize does something slightly different than the
Cython build_ext command.  I suppose this shouldn't be the expected
behavior?

Cheers,
Ian

##### setup2.py  #######
from distutils.core import setup
from Cython.Build import cythonize

setup(
  name = 'MyProject',
  ext_modules = cythonize(["integrate_py.py"]),
)

CD: 3ms