cool-RR | 1 Jul 16:39 2010

Re: [pyweb-il:1050] Python coding question

Wow, this is pretty cool.

For what it's worth, Mathematica does a bit of this. (But it's not really like Python.)

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld <at> gmail.com> wrote:
The use of assigment through left arrow (←) would solve this. Which reminds me of the fact that I would have loved having a language like python that uses more of unicode for its syntax.

Then "python" might look like:

    ∀ n ∈ names:
      if n ≠ "foo":
        α ← n
        ß = re∘search⟨"foo", α⟩

No more overloading of parens, decimal dots, minus signs, etc.

Of course it would take some time to learn how to type all these chars on the keyboard, but by some clever editors macro tricks, you would quickly get over this.

Here's another pythonic construct that imo would look nicer.

    f← λ x: x↑2
←f⟨2⟩

But I'm dreaming. Nobody will ever do anything as crazy as this...

Cheers,
Dov