Andy Cheesman | 28 Jan 18:39 2008

matplotlib, ipython and ubuntu

Hi people

I'm trying to use matplotlib, ipython and xubuntu(gusty) all together.
Whenever I try to run ipython with -pylab tab, nothing extra happens to
the start up screen and pylab hasn't been imported. I have managed to
sucessfull install ipython and matplotlib on a Redhat system and ipython
  -pylab works. ipython and matplotlib work btw

I've tried install from source, apt and easy_install all to to avail

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong or an output to post to show
more details of what is happening on my machine

Thanks

Andy