From: Andy Cheesman <Andy.cheesman-PMBdYf0mooE2EctHIo1CcQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: matplotlib, ipython and ubuntu
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.general
Date: Monday 28th January 2008 17:39:45 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi people

I'm trying to use matplotlib, ipython and xubuntu(gusty) all together.
Whenever I try to run ipython with -pylab tab, nothing extra happens to
the start up screen and pylab hasn't been imported. I have managed to
sucessfull install ipython and matplotlib on a Redhat system and ipython
  -pylab works. ipython and matplotlib work btw

I've tried install from source, apt and easy_install all to to avail

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong or an output to post to show
more details of what is happening on my machine

Thanks

Andy