From: William Reade <william <at> resolversystems.com>
Subject: Ironclad v0.7 released (NumPy on IronPython)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.numeric.general
Date: Thursday 27th November 2008 17:28:58 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi all

Hopefully someone here will be interested in this, and it won't be
considered too spammy... please let me know if this isn't welcome, and
I'll desist in future.

I'm delighted to announce the release of Ironclad v0.7, which is now
available from http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/downloads/list
. This
release is a major step forward:

* Runs transparently on vanilla IronPython 2.0RC2, without creating
extra PythonEngines or breaking .NET namespace imports
* Many numpy 1.2 tests (from the core, fft, lib, linalg and random
subpackages) now reliably pass (run "ipy numpytests.py" from the build
directory)
* Significant performance improvements (by several orders of magnitude
in some places :D)

So... if you want to use numpy (or other C extension modules) with
IronPython on Win32, please download it and try it out; I'm very keen to
hear your experiences, and to know which neglected features will be most
useful to you.

Cheers
William

CD: 3ms