Skipper Seabold | 16 Aug 15:54 2010
Picon

Re: save data to csv with column names

2010/8/16 Guillaume Chérel <guillaume.c.cherel <at> gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if there is an easy way to save a list of 1D arrays to a
> csv file, with the first line of the file being the column names.
>
> I found the following, but I can't get to save the column names:
>
> data = rec.array([X1,X2,X3,X4], names=[n1,n2,n3,n4])
> savetxt("filename", data, delimiter=",", fmt=["%i","%d", "%f","%f"])

There is a patch to add this capability to savetxt.  It was proposed
to be included in Numpy 1.5, but I don't see that the patch was
applied yet.  You can use it for your stuff in the meantime.  I've
been using a version that I wrote since I need to do this quite often.

http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1079

I don't remember without looking if this patch also accepts recarrays
and scrapes the names automatically.  It should.

Skipper

Gmane