From: Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers <at> gmail.com>
Subject: dropping Python 2.6, 3.2 and 3.3 support (was: dropping numpy 1.6.2 support)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel
Date: Thursday 31st December 2015 07:17:55 UTC (about 1 year ago)
On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Sturla Molden
wrote:

> On 30/12/15 22:01, Evgeni Burovski wrote:
>
> While we're here, I guess it makes sense to think about dropping Python
>> 2.6, 3.2 and maybe even 3.3.
>>

> I am +1 for this, at least for 2.6 and 3.2.

+1 for this, those versions (including 3.3) are pretty much just a waste of
developer effort and CI resources by now.

Changing the subject line - this is a separate decision I think with
possibly other interested users than the numpy 1.6.2 decision.

Ralf

P.S. here's the thread in which numpy decided to drop support after numpy
1.11: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/61987

CD: 4ms