Michael Butscher | 12 Aug 13:39 2007

Re: Problem - build from source wikidPad 1.9beta8 on XP

junksmi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a slight problem with building wikidPad 1.9beta8 on XP. I have
> Python 2.4. I eventually installed ctypes and enchant for python, and
> now the source builds. batch file is:
>
> set PYTHONPATH=lib
> bld.bat
>
> Now, eventually the build process ends and I get an exe file in the
> dist folder, which runs. However, the library.zip file in the same
> folder ends up being corrupt and cannot be opened.

Can it be opened with a regular archive program (Winzip, 7zip, ...)?

[...]
> Examining the output from the build gives this:

> copying C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\py2exe\run_w.exe ->
> J:\wikis\WikidPad-19beta8-src\dist\WikidPad.exe
> Adding zlib.pyd to J:\wikis\WikidPad-19beta8-src\dist\library.zip
> The following modules appear to be missing
> ['kjbuckets']
>
> *** binary dependencies ***
>
> So, my guess is that, when building, kjbuckets cannot be found, which
> corrupts adding zlib to library.zip. Any thoughts on how to solve this?

I get the same message about missing kjbuckets always (but everything
works), I'm rather sure that's not the problem.

I've put my version of py2exe on my website at:

  http://www.mbutscher.de/download/py2exe_Python2.4.zip

You can download it and place it inside the Python installation folder
in the subfolder "Lib\site-packages\py2exe" (probably you must rename
the existing folder to keep the already installed version.

I vaguely remember that I had to modify it to work properly, but I can't
remember how.

Maybe it works, but I'm not sure.

Michael

Yahoo! Groups Links