From: Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco <at> cscs.ch>
Subject: Re: [Xdmf] simple example for ORIGIN_DX_DY_DZ in xdmf
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.science.paraview.user
Date: Monday 2nd May 2011 07:31:20 UTC (over 5 years ago)
paraview uses a geometry filter to display datasets - this filter extracts
the visible surface of your data, hence you only see the points on the
outer surface.

you can see the points themselves by using the point sprite renderer
plugin, or use the cell centre filter with vertexcells enabled to see the
centres of each cell (not the original edge points)