From: Olly Betts <olly <at> survex.com>
Subject: Re: Xapian, PHP bindings and spellings correction
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.search.xapian.general
Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2009 11:48:36 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 11:23:31AM +0000, Bruno at Badiliz wrote:
> Even with this code, get_corrected_query_string()does not return any
words even
> with a misspell word "chaussuire"  in a database of 40000 doc and 436 doc
which
> contain "chaussure" without the "i" !!!

I suspect you haven't added any spellings to your database.

You can either do this from the text being indexed (if using
TermGenerator, then set FLAG_SPELLING to do it automatically:
http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1TermGenerator.html
)
or add spellings from a dictionary (using WritableDatabase::add_spelling():
http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1WritableDatabase.html
)
or both if you wish.

Cheers,