Jacob Appelbaum | 1 Jul 04:23 2013
Picon

Re: What project would you finance? [WAS: Potential funding for crypto-related projects]

hRyan Hurst:
> Though it wouldn't necessarily advance anonymity or cryptography knowledge I
> think funding of a public repository that had reviewed, stable packages or
> for the most popular distributions fnginx, apache and openssl that came with
> the most secure stuff enabled; for example today Redhat doesn't ship
> packages with ECDH enabled and for many server administrators building your
> own packages is too complicated.
>
> This could further the adoption of strong cryptography.

I find it hilarious that Redhat cripples their cryptographic security
software. In the sense that it makes me wonder about the rest of their
security processes and software. What the...

All the best,
Jacob

Gmane