From: Marcel Patzlaff <mpatzlaff <at> benocs.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: ISIS in SCAPY and Jumbo frames
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.security.scapy.general
Date: Wednesday 8th April 2015 10:09:35 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Forwarded emails regarding Jumbo LLC:

Betreff: Re: ISIS in SCAPY and Jumbo frames
Datum: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 10:45:12 +0200
Von: Marcel Patzlaff
An: Adam Kułagowski

Hi Adam,

great to hear, that the extension is of use for you. Currently, we are
also experimenting with some Cisco routers and have seen those Jumbo LLC
frames.

It think a fix like yours is quite easy to apply. But I also see a
problem because Jumbo LLC is still not really a standard. So I don't
know if a patch like this will get accepted.

I suggest that you create a ticket for this at
http://bb.secdev.org/scapy/issues
as this is not directly an IS-IS
issue. Nevertheless, I will also have a look into scapy but I'm pretty
sure, that you already found what needs to be added to l2.py:

   bind_layers(Ether, LLC, type=34928)

Kind regards,
Marcel