czachoo | 21 Apr 14:46 2012
Picon

parameters problem (voice report) urgent!

Hello everybody,

I've been reading Praat Short Tutorial by van Lieshout V.4.3 and there I found that in the "Pulses" meny
there is such an option as "voice report", which contains different voice paramenters. It is further
written that "A detailed description of the various parameters and the way it is calculated can be found in
the ‘Voice’ section of the PRAAT main manual." Do you happen to know where I can find this
"Praat main manual"? Or, maybe you can describe those parameters yourselves?

The second question concerns shimmer and jitter. In that voice report there are different kinds of those
two. In the tutorial (p.18) it is written that for the description I need two read Baken, R.J., & Orlikoff,
R.F. (2000, Clinical Measurement of Speech and Voice. San Diego: Singular Publishing Group. I cannot
find it in my library.
How get to know about different kinds of shimmer and jitter?

Please help me!
Thank you in advance,
Kate

<*> Your email settings: