From: czachoo <czachoo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: parameters problem (voice report) urgent!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.speech.praat.user
Date: Saturday 21st April 2012 12:46:24 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello everybody,

I've been reading Praat Short Tutorial by van Lieshout V.4.3 and there I
found that in the "Pulses" meny there is such an option as "voice report",
which contains different voice paramenters. It is further written that "A
detailed description of the various parameters and the way it is calculated
can be found in the ‘Voice’ section of the PRAAT main manual."
Do you happen to know where I can find this "Praat main manual"? Or, maybe
you can describe those parameters yourselves?

The second question concerns shimmer and jitter. In that voice report there
are different kinds of those two. In the tutorial (p.18) it is written that
for the description I need two read Baken, R.J., & Orlikoff, R.F. (2000,
Clinical Measurement of Speech and Voice. San Diego: Singular Publishing
Group. I cannot find it in my library.
How get to know about different kinds of shimmer and jitter?

Please help me!
Thank you in advance,
Kate

[email protected]