From: jasonsewall <jasonsewall <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Howto: University Logo in top right corner?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.tex.latex.beamer.general
Date: Thursday 5th March 2009 14:54:24 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Oliver Gabel-2 wrote:

> Is there a simple way to make this logo appear slightly larger
> and in the top right corner of every slide, to the right of the
> slide title?

I didn't come up with this, but read about this trick a little while ago.
Basically, identify your image with LaTeX with \pgfdeclareimage:

\pgfdeclareimage[height=0.8cm]{logo}{unc-logo}

Then use the 'textpos' package to make a 'MyLogo' command that puts the
image over the LaTeX output.

\usepackage[absolute,overlay]{textpos}
\setlength{\TPHorizModule}{1mm}
\setlength{\TPVertModule}{1mm}
\newcommand{\MyLogo}{%
\begin{textblock}{14}(2.0,0.7)
  \pgfuseimage{logo}
\end{textblock}
}

With that, you'll have to run \MyLogo on each frame.

Don't use the \logo command that Beamer gives you now; that will add
another
logo in the lower-left corner.

To have it be automatically run on each frame, and this is absolutely a
horrible LaTeXery, I did the following

\newcommand*\oldmacro{}%
\let\oldmacro\insertshorttitle%
\renewcommand*\insertshorttitle{%
  \MyLogo
  \oldmacro\hfill%}

Basically, I just piggybacked the MyLogo in with something I know gets run
on every slide. YMMV with different templates (I was using Copenhagen)

Jason

Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
CA
-OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
Enterprise
-Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
participation
-Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
SFAD
http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

CD: 4ms