From: =?UTF-8?Q?Vedran_Mileti=C4=87?= <rivanvx <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New maintainer of Beamer: Vedran Mileti\'c
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.tex.latex.beamer.general
Date: Monday 26th April 2010 17:46:43 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi,

I'm very glad to be given this opportunity, and I would like to thank
Till for all the work that he has done.

I have already changed all links to point to:
http://bitbucket.org/rivanvx/beamer/
Once we get wiki up and running,
this will be a new homepage for beamer class. Bitbucket also provides
a very nice issue tracker that even allows anonymous reports. You can
see from the changelog which fixes I have already integrated. If there
are more, please let me know; I would be glad to include them as well.

There is also translator: http://bitbucket.org/rivanvx/translator/
which beamer supports as an optional dependancy. It supports English,
French, German and Croatian; translations to other languages are also
welcome.

And that's not all: there is an interesting project on Google Code
called latexslides that supports generating beamer (and prosper)
slides from Python code. It's main part is actually quite good and
authors certainly have an interesting approach, but it's kind of rough
on the edges (document preambule is fixed and can't be changed,
compiling could be made nicer, etc.). If anyone is interested, and has
Python skills, this program has a lot of potential.

Regards,

--
Vedran Miletić