Marius555 | 27 Oct 10:20 2009
Picon

Re: Problem Updating (Windows API error 87)

Hello,
Just now I got the same error as you did while installing a new package with
the Package Manager:
---
MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Windows API error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.8\miktex\config\1567d83d412396067c84a669e65114a0.fndb
---

While googling for a solution I found your post, without a solution :(, I
know this answer won't help you but for the sake of future people googling
for a solution to this problem:

It turns out the problem was, I had an instance of MikTex open which was
blocking the files needed for the install. After I closed the MikTex
instance the install worked fine.
Greetings,
Marius