Marius555 | 27 Oct 10:20 2009

Re: Problem Updating (Windows API error 87)

Just now I got the same error as you did while installing a new package with
the Package Manager:
MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Windows API error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

While googling for a solution I found your post, without a solution :(, I
know this answer won't help you but for the sake of future people googling
for a solution to this problem:

It turns out the problem was, I had an instance of MikTex open which was
blocking the files needed for the install. After I closed the MikTex
instance the install worked fine.