Nick Papior Andersen | 1 Dec 17:34 2011
Picon

Re: Node text not displayed correctly

I have no problem with your example.

Remember that when you draw anything it will cut the image to the minimum size of the drawn pieces in the picture.

So if you comment out the draw statement you will get in the lower left corner.

Please update your distribution or post the specifics so that we can help in a proper way.

Nick
2011/12/1 jt_04 <jt.babcock <at> gmail.com>

I'm a new Tikz user and very excited at the possibilities. I've having a
problem with placing text at a node: no matter what node location I specify,
the text always appears at (0,0). Here is a minimum working example:

\documentclass[draft]{article}
\usepackage{tikz}\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}
\draw[help lines,step=1cm] (0,0) grid (3cm,3cm);
\node at (2,2) {test};
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

My output contains the word "test" in the lower left corner, instead of at
coordinates (2,2). Any help is much appreciated!

Judson

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32895325/tikzpic.dvi tikzpic.dvi