From: Nick Papior Andersen <nickpapior <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Node text not displayed correctly
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.tex.pgf.user
Date: Thursday 1st December 2011 16:34:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I have no problem with your example.

Remember that when you draw anything it will cut the image to the minimum
size of the drawn pieces in the picture.

So if you comment out the draw statement you will get in the lower left
corner.

Please update your distribution or post the specifics so that we can help
in a proper way.

Nick
2011/12/1 jt_04 <[email protected]>

> I'm a new Tikz user and very excited at the possibilities. I've having a
> problem with placing text at a node: no matter what node location I
> specify,
> the text always appears at (0,0). Here is a minimum working example:
>
> \documentclass[draft]{article}
> \usepackage{tikz}\begin{document}
> \begin{tikzpicture}
> \draw[help lines,step=1cm] (0,0) grid (3cm,3cm);
> \node at (2,2) {test};
> \end{tikzpicture}
> \end{document}
>
> My output contains the word "test" in the lower left corner, instead of
at
> coordinates (2,2). Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Judson
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p32895325/tikzpic.dvi
tikzpic.dvi