Christian Feuersaenger | 6 Oct 13:32 2010

Re: Skewed colour maps

Dear Shaun,

your issue with skewed axes came to my mind: two weeks ago, I finished a
revision of the related interfaces.

As a consequence, the requested feature should not work. Attached you
find the result of
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{pgfplots}

\pgfplotsset{compat=newest}

\begin{document}

\begin{tikzpicture}
\begin{axis}[
     x={(1cm,-0.5cm)},
     y=1cm,
     z=0cm,
     axis on top,
     ]
     \addplot3[surf,shader=interp] {x*y};
\end{axis}
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

If I am not mistaken, the changes are part of the unstable TDS build
available on the pgfplots homepage on sourceforge.

There is also partial support to automatically rescale these vectors
such that the result fits into the prescribed width and heigth, but
that's not quite stable as it seems (would have been enabled with the
currently undocumented switch 'scale mode=scale uniformly').

Best regards

Christian

Am 20.08.2010 04:44, schrieb Shaun Morgan:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Is it possible to plot colour maps with skewed (rotated) axis?. By colour map I mean a 3D plot which is flat so
the colour indicates the function value.

> The Pgfplots manual (p.138) says support for 3D is experimental. I tried this:
>
> \begin{tikzpicture}
> \begin{axis}[x={(1cm,-0.1cm)},y=1cm]
> 	\addplot3[surf,shader=interp,point meta=\thisrowno{2}] table[z expr=1] {mod.dat};%
> \end{axis}
> \end{tikzpicture}
>
> but got;
> ! Package pgfplots Warning: Axis range for axis z is approximately empty; enlargeing it.
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
>

> Thanks,
> Shaun.

Attachment (P.pdf): application/pdf, 31 KiB