Christian Feuersänger | 11 Oct 15:28 2010

Re: groupplot, legend outside of an axis and externalizing everything

Hi Stefan,

its good to see that you found a satisfactory solution! I remember that you can use the preamble configuration

\pgfplotsset{
  invoke before crossref tikzpicture={\tikzexternaldisable},
  invoke after crossref tikzpicture={\tikzexternalenable},
}

to do that sort of thing *automatically*. The 'invoke before' - thing is invoked just before the \ref is resolved, and the 'after' thing directly afterwards.

Best regards

Christian