Johannes Schindelin | 18 Mar 22:27 2010

Re: Re: Disrepency between Msysgit "git status" and Linux-Cygwin "git status" reporting

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Marcus Griep wrote:

> On Mar 18, 3:55 pm, "baykusde... <at> gmail.com" <baykusde... <at> gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a repo that is shared and modified by a windows and a linux
> > box. I have committed everything on the Linux box. So ideally
> > everything should be clean in the "git status", so does Linux in "git
> > status" and the in Cygwin "git status". But for some reason Mysysgit
> > "git status" telling me that "all" the files in the repo are modified
> > and needs to be committed.

The problem is that "git status" uses more than just the mtime to make
sure that the files have not been changed. And these metadata, such as
inode, are different. You might get lucky playing with core.ignoreStat.

Ciao,
Dscho

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to msysgit+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this
email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Gmane