Ethan Jucovy | 3 Apr 03:04 2012
Picon

[Trac] ANN: GenshiMacro, LighterTheme

Hi,

I've uploaded two new plugins on Trac Hacks and Github.

GenshiMacro is a wiki macro that lets you write, and render, Genshi templates directly in wiki pages using a ``#!Genshi`` processor for blockquotes.  These templates have access to the current request, which means you can check the user's authentication status, generate links using ``req.href``, and render form tokens for POST requests.  The plugin's Trac Hacks page includes a complete example of how you might use it to render a custom "New Ticket" form on a wiki page.

LighterTheme is a theme plugin that skins Trac, slightly, for a "lighter" look-and-feel.  It provides a narrower (940px) main content div; fewer dark lines in the top (mainnav and metanav) banner; bigger buttons (using CSS from Twitter Bootstrap); rounded corners on input fields; and the "Ubuntu" font used on Launchpad.  Screenshots are available on the plugin's Trac Hacks page.

I'll make initial releases of both plugins to PyPI soon.  Feedback and bug reports welcome!

Thanks,
Ethan