From: Sandeep Karanth <sandeepk.kdp <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Pjlib CreateThread v/s _beginthreadex
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.voip.pjsip
Date: Monday 28th May 2012 16:20:31 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi Benny and team,
     I am curious to know  the reason for using the CreateThread API rather
than _beginthreadex  in pj_thread_create() function in
pjlib/os_core_win32.c file. The reason I ask this question  is because at
the link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682453(v=vs.85).aspx
it
mentions "*A thread in an executable that calls the C run-time library
(CRT) should use the _beginthreadex and _endthreadex functions for thread
management rather than CreateThread and ExitThread; this requires the use
of the multithreaded version of the CRT*" .
      I also saw a question posted in the mailing list regrading this (
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2010-October/012061.html
)
. Is there any specific reason as to why the library uses CreateThread
rather than _beginthreadex?

CD: 2ms