Emil Ivov | 28 Apr 16:29 2011

[jitsi-users] Re: Jitsi configuration for SRTP

Hey Carmelo,

Jitsi does support SRTP but it does so through ZRTP key negotiation.
This has the advantage of providing end-to-end encryption (contrary to
the standard SRTP impl in Asterisk that can be eavesdropped on the server).

It is however not supported by Asterisk and you would hence need to use
an actual SIP and RTP proxy in order to have it work.

Hope this helps,
Emil

На 28.04.11 15:58, Carmelo Fischetti - Digi Unit написа:
> Hello to everybody,
>
> I’m new to this mailing list since I’ve just started to evaluate Jitsi
> communicator…
>
> I need to place SIP calls to and receive SIP calls from other clients
> registered with the same Asterisk box (v. 1.8.3.2), using TLS/SRTP
> encryption (mandatory). I was making some tests with a Jitsi client and
> a Blink client (some users like this softphone, while I prefer Jitsi) on
> a Windows XP SP3 machine. When using two Blink clients everything works
> fine, but if I try to connect a Jitsi client with a Blink client I
> cannot make it work.
>
> The Jitsi client registers with the Asterisk server (it processes the
> certificate without problems) but when I try to place a call to the
> Blink client I get a “Call failed – Not acceptable here” error and the
> Asterisk CLI logs “WARNING[3006]: chan_sip.c:8432 process_sdp: Matched
> device setup to use SRTP, but request was not!” (see Asterisk SIP trace
> Jitsi_caller.txt attached).
>
> Similarly, If I try to place a call from the Blink client to Jitsi, the
> client rings but the call is dropped as soon as I press the Answer
> button (see Asterisk SIP trace Jitsi_callee.txt attached).
>

> Maybe I am missing some configuration detail, since it seems that the
> Jitsi client is expected to use SRTP while it doesn’t.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>

> Carmelo Fischetti

Emil Ivov, Ph.D.                       67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead                           France
Jitsi
emcho@...                        PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org                       FAX:   +33.1.77.62.47.31

Gmane